How to use "bottom corner chat" on signup page ONLY

Hi - How to use bottom corner chat on signup page only? I want to talk to people who are visiting my sign up page.

I see many people click on signup link, but few of them actually signup, thats why I want to be able to talk to them and see if they face any specific problem during signup.

By the way, I am using Anti-splog plugin which moves my signup page every 24 hrs.

Thanks,
Jamshid

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@Jamshid

Salam Jamshid and hope you're doing well.

Mark @mark77210 has a good point there. Why not create a link on the signup page that site visitors can click on. That way, no matter what the anti-splog does to your signup page, the chat link will always be on the page itself.

Sounds like a brilliant plan! Let us know what you think.

Have a blessed day!

Gina

• Jamshid
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you @mark77210 & @GinaB for your responses, but please clarify this a bit more, what do you mean by creating a link? A link to a page?

are you saying to create a chat page, and put its link on signup page so people click on it and come to the chat page for help?

Cheers,
    Jamshid

• Mark
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@Jamshid

You could certainly do it that way, too. Create a new page,"Chat Page" for example, select the chat icon (see screenshot) and proceed to configure as you want. Then yes, you just put a link to this Chat Page somewhere on the sign up page and have the Chat Page open up in a new window tab.

I thought you wanted to have the bottom corner chat box open inside the sign up page so that people wouldn't have to leave the sign up page. After I referred you to the developer's suggestion, I realize I didn't know where exactly to put the code. My bad. Hopefully someone can point that out.

A hybrid option could be use an accordion tab on your sign up page and put the chat box inside there (using the chat icon). That way the visitor stays on the page and you don't have to make any code changes. I'm not sure how much control you have over your sign up page, but it's another option.

Thoughts?

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@Jamshid

Hi Jamshid

I'm going to ask the Developer @PaulM to give us some more guidance on this one :slight_smile: Unfortunately I am not able to get it to work on my own test site, but I have seen it executed, so the Developer's input will be invaluable right now.

We'll talk soon again.

Gina

• Jamshid
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey @mark77210 Infact I want to put the Bottom corner chat box on the signup page. But Since I am using anti-splog plugin, I was wondering if there is a shortcode I could put into wp-signup.php page and have it only active on that page?

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Jamshid, If you want the shortcode then create a new temporary PAge and add the chat shortcode just the way you like/want it. Once you have the chat setup just copy the shortcode of that page. At this point you can delete this temporary page.

Now with the shortcode you can add this to wherever. You will probably want to call the WordPress do_shortcode() http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/do_shortcode

Instead of using the bottom corner chat option you might want to consider using the Popover plugin to contain the shortcode. Just a thought.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.