How to use custom Add to Cart button

Hello,

I am going to use LeadPages for a selling page. I see there are shortcodes for Add to Cart buttons, but no HTML. Is there a way to have the same Add to Cart functionality through a link that can be put into a custom button or image? I can only put in a URL.

Thanks!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Jesse, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

The Add to Cart/Buy Now button generated actually sends the data as a POST request, so turning that into a URL would look to be out, as this would use GET instead of POST, and the cart wouldn't read the URL query at all.

However, have you thought about inserting a link to the product page instead?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Jesse
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi, Ok, so I guess I will just have to send to the product page then. This is not ideal because it requires the customer to take an extra step.

Something to think about for a feature request I guess.

Thanks,
    Jesse

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Jesse,

I hope you're having a great day!

I can imagine how this may break website's usability in some cases but Michael's got a point - it would require a different technological solution. It's not always possible to exchange data in a relatively safe and foolproof manner with GET request. That said, it's indeed a subject for feature request so I'm moving this thread to our "Features and feedback" forum. Hopefully some other members of the community will also support the idea.

Have a good day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.