How to use Hummingbird in a multisite setting

I have loaded Hummingbird in a multisite with only about 10 sites. The sites have default hello world except for 2 that have upfront and another theme builder. I only see hummingbird admin at the top network admin level. I don't see any admin in any of the sites. Clicking on plugin settings in any site takes me to the top network admin.

When I run a scan I do not see any reference to files in the 2 sites that have different themes loaded and not just default hello world.

1. Should I see files and suggestions for all multisites at the top level network admin?

2. It would seem to make more sense that each site admin could run hummingbird and adjust there site files not just the network admin. When I loaded AutoBlog it shows in each site admin. Am I missing something about Hummingbird?

thank you.

• Milan

Hello wpmudevorg24,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

First of let me provide you some information about our plugin's workflow. Hummingbird majorly tweaks .htaccess rules to satisfy different needs of user so you can say that its majorly focus on .htaccess tweaks and as you know .htaccess rule applies to every site in your network, so indirectly it is working for your every site as far as it comes to .htaccess rules.

Now minification part can be set for every blog admin. All you need to do is just go to Hummingbird > Dashboard > Minification > select "Blog Admins can Minify" , this will give facility of minification to every site admin.

Now let's take down your questions.

1. Should I see files and suggestions for all multisites at the top level network admin?

You should as far as it coems to .htaccess rules. But those suggestion are generic one and you won't be able to categorize by sites. And as I said before, its all game of .htaccess to it should not matter as far as minification goes.

2. It would seem to make more sense that each site admin could run hummingbird and adjust there site files not just the network admin. When I loaded AutoBlog it shows in each site admin. Am I missing something about Hummingbird?

One you enable minfication for blog admins, your sub site admins will be able to see minification part of plugin in their dashboard.

Hope this helps you. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
    Best Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.