How to use Hustle for local NL plugins

Hey there,

there are quite a few famouse Newsletter plugins for WordPress like Mailpoet, Sendpress, The Newsletter Plugin, Mailster (former mymail) and probably some more. I wonder why Hustle only supports to feed into external services.

I know I can export the entries into a simple list but that doesn't do double optin or anything else.

Or ist there probably a way that I didn't see so far?

Frank

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Frank,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Hustle plugin integrates with external mailing services. Plugin that you are referring to usually do include their own tools for capturing subscribers and also most of them does not offer any kind of standarized API that could be used for integration. That means that all these plugins should be "reverse engineered" so we could hook up to them (if possible) or to add mails directly to database. Updates could also be breaking such kind of integration. The bottom line is that it might cause a lot of unexpected issues and be quite difficult to implement properly.

However, I'm not of course saying that it's not possible at all :slight_smile: Currently there's no such integration but I have moved this thread to our "Features & Feedback" forum and if more members of our community will vote for this idea (and share suggestions of plugins) it's possible that our developers will consider such integration(s) in future.

Let's then hope that other members will support your idea then :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Rod

Hi,

I agree with Frank, most of the plugin authors provide an API so that plugins like yours can easily integrate.

I use Mailster for example (formerly called MyMail) and it's so easy in PHP to add a new subscriber:-

$subscriber_id = mailster( 'subscribers' )->add($entry, $overwrite);

I too think more support for other solutions is needed, integration with these is easy if the authors provide an API, at least do the ones that do provide an API, it would be better than the blanket approach you currently have of supporting none of them.

Your advertising for Hustle says "Use your favorite email provider", this isn't the case really is it if mine isn't on your small list!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Rod!

Thank you for your feedback. This thread is already in our "Features & Feedback" forum but it didn't seem to get much attention from other members. That doesn't of course mean that it's a "lost case" but I can't offer any guarantee or ETA on this. Please keep an eye on our roadmap here for the most up to date announcements regarding new features in Hustle:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/roadmap/

Let's also keep this ticket open so other Members of our Community could vote for this idea and/or suggest other plugins they'd want to see integrated with Hustle.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.