How to use subdomains as filters? MU

Hello.

I am developing a site using subdomains MU, user.domain.com and works perfectly.

This site will be a kind of directory blog1.domain.com blog2.domain.com, what I need and do not know if possible, is that i can use some subdomains in order to make such a filter. ej ny.domain.com dallas.domain.com take the subdomain and display only the sites in this area in the main blog (i already have the filter and so), is this possible?

Thanks in advance

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Interesting project - are you thinking of directing all the sub-domains to a single site and then filtering content, or using separate blogs / sites and pulling in the relevant information?

Both are "do-able", though the choice will determine the solution of course.

• uakami
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Barry thanks.

The second one, use the main site as a directory of user sites, but having the ability to use certain subdomains to filter the directory.

let's say ny.domain.com use the main template and joe.domain.com the user details template.

I know this can be solved by creating as many sites as subdomains needed (ny.domain.com) and assign the main template and do the filter, but I want to avoid having 100 blogs / sites and their respective tables.

Maybe using rewrite rules?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.