How to using ultimate facebook from multisite?

Hello my friends,

I come again..=)

I've already setup multisite in my wordpress site.

So, I Install Ultimate facebook at my network admin and WPMU dashboard.

My questions are :

1. How can I install ultimate facebook to my client's site from my multisite wordpress admin?

2. I've install the ultimate facebook on my multisite using my Facebook Api Key/secret and of course if I make any post, it will post automatically to my facebook wall but how should I change user from my multisite using their facebook API key/secret ?

3. Am I need to install the plugin at the user's site? If I install the plugin at the user site, it will show the notifications from WPMU for any update at client's site. I don't want the user know about this. I just want to setup from my multisite and when user make any post from their blog, it will automatically post to their facebook wall and I'll control it from my multisite admin.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hi @azizul_azami

Welcome back.

If you network activate, then it will use your settings.

I think you need to de-activate network activation. which will then allow you to activate the plugin on the users network site, then you should be able to configure it using their api/secret key. they would obviously need to go through the create app procedure.

hope this helps.

thanks.

• azizul_azami
    • Flash Drive

Dear Vaughan,
    I'm appreciate of your suggestion.
    But, it not answer my question above and you didn't tell me which network activate should I deactivate whether wpmu dashboard or ultimate facebook itself?

If I deactivate the WPMU dashboard, it will show the notifications as shown in here => http://awesomescreenshot.com/01b1107ja4.

If I deactivate the ultimate facebook, so it can not use anymore..

So, please some body help me to solve this problem.

Thank you.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hi @azizul_azami

well since we're discussing ultimate facebook plugin, i thought it was obvious i was talking about ultimate facebook plugin.

But maybe I could have worded it better.

if you go to network dashboard, de-activate ultimate facebook, so it's not network activated. then you can goto each sub site & activate it individually on each site, then each site admin can set it up with their own api keys.

PS. you only install the wpmudev plugin on your main site. & only you the super admin will ever see those notices, providing you were the super-admin to install it.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hi @azizul_azami

After speaking with a colleague about this, there is a setting in the network dashboard if you have enabled the ultimate facebook plugin network wide.

click on Facebook menu tab > settings >

then in top tab (Network options)

untick

Override individual blog settings
    Do not allow per-blog settings

tick

Preserve individual blog API settings

hope this helps.

thanks

• azizul_azami
    • Flash Drive

Dear Vaughan,

Thank you for your suggestion and advice, I've try both of your guide above, but still not function like I want.

But, I found this plugin => http://www.protospace.com/wpmu-no-nag-plugin/
    and I just install it at the client' site and remove the wpmu dashboard plugin.

I try at my client's site, it successfully and didn't show any wpmu update notifications.

So, I think it's ok for me and I mark this ticket as resolved.

But If you have any ideas that make me more easier, please tell me.

However, really appreciate of your advice and help.

Thank you.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.