How to validate existing form entries?

Hello,

I would like to provide 3 forms for a simple verification process.
In 1st form (public) the visitor can enter his account-id.
When pressing "Submit" the form should check the account-id-field with a 2nd form (hidden). This 2nd form is only contains multiple entries created via CSV import by myself.

So when the visitor has entered his account-id and press "submit", this 1st form should check with entires in the 2nd form if the account-id already exists,
If it exists, the isitors will be forwarded to a 3rd form.
If not, they will be redirected to a page.

Is this possible with Forminator? I failed trying myself, but maybe I have just overseen such a functionality …
If not possible with Forminator, could you please recommend another form-builder that provides this function?

Thank you and kind regards,
Sascha

• Dimitris

Hello there Sascha,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

Forminator could be used to compare a value with a hidden field value, but checking against CSV-formatted data would require some extended custom development, which surpasses the scope of our support.
    Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-1

Forminator provides an API though, which can be extremely useful for any custom development:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/wpmu-dev-plugins/forminator-api-docs/

About custom work, you can make use of our partnership with Codeable from here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/partners#wpmud-hg-services-partners

As for another plugin that could be used for this case, without the need of some custom work, I wasn't able to find anything relevant, but other WPMUDEV members may have some more insights. Let us know, if you want us to move this thread to Members forums, for more engagement from our members.

Take care,
    Dimitris

• sushling

Hi Dimitris,

thank you for your reply. I almost expected this … :wink:

Anyway, I will check on member forum and will re-post my request there.

By the way: I still find it always very irritating that you are making these support-requests public, seperate between support-forum and membership-forum … the whole forum categories are not very convenient for me to understand. Why do you offer to move my request to members forum if it's already public to litterary everyone in the net?

It would good and give a better feeling of privacy if - before posting a support-request - if I had a chance to make the request private so only staff can see this before posting my request!

I will open it on membership forum by myself.

Thank you and kind regards,
    Sascha

• Dimitris

Hello Sascha :slight_smile:

By the way: I still find it always very irritating that you are making these support-requests public, seperate between support-forum and membership-forum … the whole forum categories are not very convenient for me to understand. Why do you offer to move my request to members forum if it's already public to litterary everyone in the net?

Support forums are for providing our support services, while Members forums are for engagement between WPMUDEV members, outside the scope of our support.
    Support forums are public (we mark threads as "internal" if needed of course), so other WP users can take advantage of these, while Members forums are strictly available to WPMUDEV members only.
    Many members of ours are spending time in Members forums only, that's why I proposed to move this thread over there, cause it's more proper to be there, due to the "no-support" type of thread, as well as in order to make it visible to more WPMUDEVers.

It would good and give a better feeling of privacy if - before posting a support-request - if I had a chance to make the request private so only staff can see this before posting my request!

I appreciate the feedback on this, I will pass it on to our CQO. As for now, you can keep a completely private contact with us by using our live chat service
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/hub/support/#get-support (Technical support -> Live chat)
    and even request us to create a thread for you and make it internal as soon as it gets created.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.