How to white label Hustle?

Team,

The latest version of hustle has that ridiculous sleazeball super hero mascot in the admin screens - how do I get rid of it?

I know you guys like that, and it is a bit endearing - but on your site, not mine. A huge advantage of WPMU plugins is that they are (or were) white labelled and without branding. Lately that has been eroding.

I didn't care as much with defender and hummingbird, as those are at the admin level. Hustle is at the member level - which means my members actually see it.

The sleazy superhero does not match my site's aesthetic. That is not what my users are paying to see in their dashboards.

How can I get hustle back to being a white label plugin?

Nithin

Hi jetmac,

Hope you are doing good today.

This is more of a design choice, and I do understand what you meant here, since the plugin is released under GNU GPL license, you can always customize the plugin according to your needs, . To remove the hero image, you can add the following code in your /mu-plugins folder.

<?php
    function wpmudev_remove_hustle_image() {

echo "<style>
    	#wph-welcome-on .box-content .flex-row .col-xs-12.col-sm-3.col-md-3.col-lg-3 {
    		display: none;
    	}

#wph-welcome-on .box-content .flex-row .col-xs-12.col-sm-9.col-md-5.col-lg-5 {
    		margin-left: 20%;
    	}
    	</style>";
    }

add_action( 'admin_print_styles', 'wpmudev_remove_hustle_image', 99 );

The above code should remove it, and aligns the rest of the elements in that style. I gave a quick test, and it works in my system. Please check this link on how to use a /mu-plugins:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

Please test, and let me know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day ahead.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

jetmac

Nithin ,

Thank you for that, I'l give it a try.

However, and I want to be absolutely plain here, the fact that I have to create and install a MU plugin to remove branding on a premium plugin is, to be frank, an utter insult. As a customer, I am offended and disappointed by this.

One of the biggest selling points to WPMU plugins was that they were "white label" with no branding, "powered by", upgrade prompts, or anything. They were clean plugins for use on any site. As a result, they looked organic to every site they were installed in.

Since the "super hero" upgrades, this has changed and all of the new plugins have super-heroes all over them. Again, I love that as a marketing tool on YOUR site at WPMU, but not on the sites and services I provide to clients.

I run three network client sites, one for authors, one for businesses, and one for fitness bloggers. Cartoon super heroes, especially tongue-in-cheek gigolo super heroes, do not fit in to those platforms. We have our own branding, our own custom designed admin areas, and our own service identity - which is not compatible with WPMU's "hero" branding.

A huge benefit to paying for premium plugins is to NOT have any branding on them. For many plugins, the removal of the branding is the entire point of the upgrade.

I don't want to have to make custom plugins to sanitize WPMU plugins. I would like for WPMU plugins to return to how they used to be: white label. At the very least, I would like an option in my WPMU dashboard plugin to remove the "hero" branding.

Thanks,
    Rob

Rupok

Hi Rob,

I would like for WPMU plugins to return to how they used to be: white label. At the very least, I would like an option in my WPMU dashboard plugin to remove the "hero" branding.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm forwarding this to our developer right now. I believe, he will take this in consideration for our future releases.

In the mean time, you can use our Ultimate Branding plugin for white labeling many things on Dashboard. To hide that image in Hustle Dashboard with Ultimate Branding plugin, please install and activate Ultimate Branding plugin. Then go to "Dashboard > Branding" section and enable the "Custom Admin CSS" module. After enabling, please go to "Dashboard > Branding > CSS" section and there you will find a box named "Custom Admin CSS". In that box, paste the following custom CSS Code:

.hustle-two .wph-okay {
    }

Save your changes and you are done. That image won't be showing anymore.

If you don't want to add a MU plugin, you can edit the core plugin file (which is not a very good practice because all your changes will be gone with plugin update, and you will have to do the same modification after updating the plugin) for hiding that image.

For doing this, please login to your server with any FTP application like Filezilla and go to "/wp-content/plugins/hustle/assets/css/" directory. There you will get the "admin.css" file. Open that file and add the following custom CSS at the end of that file:

.hustle-two .wph-okay {
    }

Then save the file. This will hide that image from Hustle Dashboard.

I believe, these will help. Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Nithin

Hi Julian,

I do understand your point about Defender, the developer are aware of this, and I hope it's something they will be considering down the road . At the moment the workaround would be customize it to your needs with the use of CSS, you can add the following CSS to hide the mentioned image:

.wp-defender .image {
    }

You'll have to use the Custom Login CSS module, in the Ultimate Branding plugin to apply the above CSS, under Branding > CSS.

Best Regards,
    Nithin