How users can schedule an appointment for longer than the time base?

Hi guys,

right now my time base is 60minutes. But I want that users are able to book an appointment for more than 60 minutes-
Lets say they wanna book a 2hour appointment. This is not possible right now.
How can it be done?

Best regards,
Theo

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Theo,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

You can set your service duration to 120 minutes in appointments > settings > services, so that service lasts for 120 minutes.

But could you explain a bit more about your use case please? Such as how many service providers, how many different times etc you'll be offering.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Theo
    • New Recruit

Hi Jack,

no I can't put the duration to 120 minutes, cause all my services have a minimum duration of 60 minutes. But people can book my services for longer, when they know that the service needs more time for them.

For example a user wants to book my service "painting". I offer everything in hour packages. But when someone wants me to paint 5 rooms, that can't be done in one hour. Thats why the customers should book me for 4 hours in a row.

It would be great if the booking of your plugin enables a start and end time, but within the duration time. So that it is always in 60minutes steps (in my case).

I guess that is interesting and important for every appointment management tool.

Best regards,
    Theo

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Theo,

Thanks for the additional information.

I'm afraid that setup wouldn't be possible out of the box, a user could book 4 blocks in a row no problem, but it doesn't currently give them the option to pick a start and/or end time.

I've added this to the features request list and I agree it'll make a great addition to the plugin.

If you needed that functionality now, you could try posting on the WPMU DEV job board here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.