How well does the membership plugin work with the appointments plugin?

I want to make the ability to set appointments a functionality that is only available to members. Is that possible, and if so, can I fully customize the front-end interface and user experience to fit my needs? (e.g. I have a button for appointments on the homepage, if a user clicks it, they will be met with a modal layer that prompts the user to sign up or log in to use that function.)

• Tyler Postle

Hey Chris,

Hope you're doing well today! Welcome to the WPMU DEV community :slight_smile:

I want to make the ability to set appointments a functionality that is only available to members.

Whatever page you end up putting the appointments booking calender on, you just need to make sure it is only accessible by members via access level. So yes, this is possible!

can I fully customize the front-end interface and user experience to fit my needs?

What exactly are you looking to customize here? The layout is very customizable via shortcodes. You can see them all via Appointments > Shortcodes from your WordPress dashboard.

Are you wanting to place the booking process inside a modal window?

Hope this helps! Look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Chris

Thanks for the quick reply Tyler!

So I'm looking to create my own WP Theme, but I want to integrate WPMU Plugins to work with the theme. I have attached a 3 step wireframe of what I would like the membership plugin to do when a logged out user tries to access a member only page.

1. This is the homepage. A user in this case will click the appointments button.

2. If not logged in, the user will be met with this modal to log in or sign up (if they don't already have an account)

3. If log in is successful, the user will gain access to the appointments page.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.