how will marketpress + 8plugins work with 600 multisites?

Hi,

how will marketpress + 8plugins work with 600 multisites? will it be any problem with datbase or any plugins as "the blogging tempalte" plugin is something i should think of before i start?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Erik,

That really would just be a matter of general Multisite functionality, MarketPress doesn't have any limits itself so far as the size of the Multisite network or database.

I have to say though, using only 8 plugins or within that range is great and sounds like the makings of a very stable site. To get plugin usage that low generally requires a lot of customization of theme and plugin files.

Once you get above 500+ sites though, you'll likely want to look into something like Multi-DB.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multi-db

It'll help the database to run more smoothly in that case. Have you looked into that one?

Cheers,
    David

• erikjohansson
    • The Incredible Code Injector

thx david,

does the multi-db be setup before all the sites? or can it be setup when i am getting close to 500 sites?

i also read this "1-5,000 blogs/sites you should be fine with your WordPress default database" so with 800 sites i don't need multi db??

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.