How would you integrate automessage to work with a landing page plugin?

I see the automessage plugin here. How would I integrate "automessage" with a landing page plugin. I wish to have a landing page for a user to fill out their name, email information, and subject. After this information is submitted I then wish to have a message automatically sent to the user to acknowledge their submission.

Is this a feature already integrated in automessage (landing page form)? I do not want to manually put new users into the automessage user area. Preferably I would like to approve the submission and then an email is generated?

What is the recommendation for accomplishing landing page submission to autoresponse?

Thank you
Doug

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Huckleberry Press, hope you're doing well today.

At present, Automessage doesn't have landing page integration, it's designed mainly to send messages when a user registers to the site (if it's a Multisite, there's also the option for sending a message to someone who's registered a new blog on the network).

What kind of landing page are we talking about here? I may be able to offer an alternative that would offer what you're looking to do.

Also, what plugin would you be using to provide the landing pages?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Huckleberry Press

Hello Michael,

We have a website that we are about to launch. Each week we will be sending out a newsletter to our subscribers. When people visit our website that aren't already subscribed we would like for them to be able to subscribe to the newsletter. After they fill out their email address and name, we would like to then have an automatic generated email sent to them acknowledging their submission. Really would like something that automatically adds them to the email subscriber list on approval?

I just want a simple plugin to use for the landing page. Which one would you recommend? We do have the multisite if this would give us a little more flexibility in using a particular plugin. Not interested in getting Buddypress going at this time, maybe later if this is an option. Need something to get going here in the next few days.

I hope this gives you better clarification for our needs.

Thank you
    Doug

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Huckleberry Press,

After they fill out their email address and name, we would like to then have an automatic generated email sent to them acknowledging their submission. Really would like something that automatically adds them to the email subscriber list on approval?

While a manual approval system isn't standard with a newsletter subscription service, subscribers are a0utomatically added after they confirm their subscription (filling out their details in the form, and then clicking on a link in a confirmation email; what's called a "double opt-in")

I'd recommend using our MailChimp Integration plugin for this:

premium.wpmudev.org/project/mailchimp-newsletter-integration/

There's a shortcode generator that's available if you use the "Visual" editor, that'll allow you to embed a form on the page (this'll be handy for the landing page plugin suggested below).

I just want a simple plugin to use for the landing page. Which one would you recommend?

I'd say you'd want to look into the Parallax Gravity plugin:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/parallax-gravity-landing-page-builder/

We reviewed this plugin, along with a few others, some months back on our blog:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/free-landing-page-plugins/

Hope that helps!

Regards,
    Michael