HTML and javascript errors in CustomPress

Hi @Arnold

CustomPress seems to be rendering some invalid code in both the front end and the admin panel that is causing issues with all my sites across my network.

1. When I look at any site on my network I see the error in screenshot 1
2. I setup a test site to fault find an issue custom press seemed to be causing Gravity forms and saw the error in screenshot 2
3. When I save a Gravity Form while custom press is enabled, it inserts the characters rnrn in between all paragraph breaks of the notifications. See screenshot 3. Note the rn characters in the html editor of the notifications panel as well as the "TypeError" in the bottom panel.

The above issues all go away when CustomPress is disabled.

If you could take a look at this it would be much appreciated.
Chris

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Chris,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and also for the detailed description of what is going on there.

You covered well what happens when you turn off Custom Press and that the error disappears, but the one thing you did not mention though, is what happens when you turn of Gravity Forms and Custom Press is still activated if you get the error?

This information is vital to figuring out if there is a conflict we need to work out between Custom Press and Gravity forms or perhaps something else.

Please advise.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

1. Not sure what it's complaining about. Do you see an extra "<" in the code? It doesn't appear in the screenshot, just the message?

The errors I'm seeing are coming from the standard jQuery validation plugin. The validation is trying to hook up the #post form on that page and my quess is that there is no <form id="post"> tag in that page. It should just fail null and not affect screen display.

2. Same with the 404 for datepicker. It's going out to see if a translation file is available and since there isn't it falls back to the default language. That's legitimate You can't know if the file exists without at least trying to retrieve it.

3. Looks like Gravity forms is inserting \r\n paragraph breaks and custompress does a stripslashes on input fields leaving the rn. I'll have to track that down.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.