HTML based emails with Fundraiser plugin?

I am using the Fundraising plugin to manage a campaign. Is it possible for the donor to receive beautiful HTML thank you messages versus the boring text messages?

• Rupok

Hi Julius,

Is it possible for the donor to receive beautiful HTML thank you messages versus the boring text messages?

When you create a fundraiser project, there are two options. One is for "Thank You Message" which will be shown in the website after a successful donation, another box is for email content. The "Thank You Message Box" supports HTML. So you can put your custom HTML code for showing a beautiful thank you message. But I'm afraid, the email content area doesn't support HTML code yet. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

I personally think it will be awesome if we have the feature to customize the email content with HTML. So I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking the idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Ash

Hello Julius

Is it possible for the thank you page to be a redirect? Maybe if I could create a page in my theme that the plugin would re-direct to.

Unfortunately there is no hook so you can change the redirect out of the box. But you can modify the code. You need to go to /wp-content/plugins/fundraising/lib/template-functions.php line no 698 to 714 and replace

function wdf_get_funder_page($context = '', $post_id = '') {
    		if(empty($post_id)) {
    			global $post;
    			$post_id = $post->ID;
    		}
    		if($funder = get_post($post_id)) {
    			$settings = get_option('wdf_settings');

$context_types = array( 'checkout', 'confirmation' );
    			if(in_array($context, $context_types))
    				return wdf_get_page_link($post_id,$context);
    			else
    				return get_post_permalink($post_id);
    		} else {
    			return false;
    		}
    	}

with

function wdf_get_funder_page($context = '', $post_id = '') {
            if(empty($post_id)) {
                    global $post;
                    $post_id = $post->ID;
            }
            if($funder = get_post($post_id)) {
                    $settings = get_option('wdf_settings');

if( $context == 'confirmation' )
                            return "YOUR PAGE URL";
                    if( $context == 'checkout' )
                            return wdf_get_page_link($post_id,$context);
                    else
                            return get_post_permalink($post_id);
            } else {
                    return false;
            }
    }

Replace YOUR PAGE URL with the custom thank you URL.

Please note that, this changes will be lost in next update. So it's worth to note down this changes somewhere and apply again after your updates.

Interesting about the email piece...I am trying to see if there's a plugin that could be used to change that. Any ideas?

You can try our HTML Email Templates plugin that will help you to set a header and footer to all your website email.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/html-email-templates/

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Hello Julius

Fundraiser plugin needs not to know about HTML email template plugin. Every standard plugin in WordPress uses wp_mail function to send email. wp_mail function has some filter hooks to modify the email content. So HTML Email Template plugin just use those hooks, get the email content, set the header and footer and send it back to the wp_mail function. Then the function will send the mail. That's why header and footer will be added to every email that sends from your system.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Julius

Again, I am still lost as to where do I type the message for the thank you message. In the HTML email template plugin, it tells me I have to use {message}. Where do I type my message for {message}?

It's not making sense to me because in the Fundraiser Plugin, there's an area for a thank you message. Is this making sense?

I am really just trying to make the thank you email from the Fundraiser plugin look much more professional than simple text.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Julius,

Again, I am still lost as to where do I type the message for the thank you message. In the HTML email template plugin, it tells me I have to use {message}. Where do I type my message for {message}?

You type your message in Fundraising plugin (thank you message field). That message then will be inserted in place where {message} macro is placed in email template. So HTML email template will switch {message} to content that you setup in the Fundraising.
    Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.