HTML Emails Walkthrough Outdated

This is the current walkthrough image showing how to allow subsites access to admin their own templates…

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/html-email-templates-2000-network-override.png

That checkbox is no longer there. I assume the checkbox "modify HTML emails" is the new way to allow sub-site overrides. Is this correct?? Thanks!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

hello Josh,

That checkbox is no longer there. I assume the checkbox "modify HTML emails" is the new way to allow sub-site overrides. Is this correct??

I checked on my site and that checkbox is still there – "modify HTML emails" is different option.

that checkbox is on the bottom of that page in Network Settings. Are you not seeing this? Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,

Kasia

• Josh-VisionIntoDestiny.com
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks Kasia,

You are right. I was looking in my default site (ID=1) for the checkbox. I did find it in my network settings at the bottom.

Then… what is the “Modify HTML Emails” box for? I don’t believe it was covered in the walkthrough. Maybe I overlooked it somewhere. I also did a text search on the page and couldn’t find any reference to it.

Thanks!

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello, Josh

I trust you’re doing good!

The Modify HTML Emails option is used so that the HTML Email Templates plugin wouldn’t affect other emails.

For example, you can check that option if you are using Woocommerce and want to use their default templates.

Main reason for adding this option was due to visual issues with some of the plugins that use HTML emails as well.

I hope this makes sense! Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Regards,

Denitsa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.