HTTP ERROR 500

i just got WPMUdev and installed for example smush pro and now I can not log into the admin dashboard of my WP site. Everytime I try to do so I get a HTTP ERROR 500. This error I'm told can be caused by plugins

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Einar,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Error 500 is most often caused by WP memory limit exceeded and it may be caused by to many plugins enabled at once. It's not easy to say "how many is to many" though as it depends on many different factors such as e.g. server configuration, WP configuration, setup of all the plugins and theme options etc.

I would however start with this:

- access your site via FTP
    - go to the "/wp-content/plugins" folder
    - rename the "wp-smush-pro" plugin to e.g. "wp-smush-pro-off"
    - try accessing your site's dashboard again.

The WP Smush Pro plugin should then be disabled and if it was the reason for that error, the error should be gone.

If this doesn't help, rename the folder back to "wp-smush-pro" and then:

- go to "/wp-content" folder
    - rename the "plugins" folder to "plugins_off"
    - you should be able to access the dashboard and all the plugins should be disabled so then
    - rename the "plugins_off" folder back to "plugins"
    - go back to admin dashboard
    - activate plugins one by one and see at which point the site "goes down"

Let me know about the result of these actions, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Kim

Adam, I am having a similar issue with the WPMU DEV dashboard plugin (500 error on wp-admin site). I did what you said to do in your above post and added "-off" to the "wpmudev-updates" and I was able to get back into my wp [admin] site.

Just to see if it was other plugins as well, I downloaded and then installed the google analytics plugin and that worked fine, however it asked me to install the dashboard plugin, so I let the google analytics plugin install the dashboard plugin and got the same result; dashboard plugin re-installed another instance of dashboard and it gave the same 500 error.

How can I resolve this issue? Please help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.