HTTP Error - Can not upload PNG images

When Smush Pro plugin is active can't upload PNG format images. It shows HTTP error.

• Konstantinos Xenos

Hi getsmartweb ,

I've taken a look at the website and you'll see that the image was successfully uploaded.

It seems that the server is a bit slow during uploads, I cant' be sure why and you might want to discuss that with your hosting provider. It takes quite long for the upload process to finish and the filesize is not that big.

I've enabled the async mode ( by adding define( 'WP_SMUSH_ASYNC', true ); in your wp-config.php ) so the images will get uploaded' first and then Smush will take over compressing them instead doing it "during" the upload to reduce the server response time in total so it won't result on an error.

Also on a further note, I see that the image that was giving you the issue is a .png of 1mb that doesn't actually have any transparency etc to explain why it is as .PNG. On images like that I'd suggest to re-save them as .jpg as it will lower the size and the quality will stay the same as well for a faster upload/compression process.

Tell me if I can assist any further!

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.