HTTP error occuring quite often after installing Smush Pro

Hi,

I just thought I'd bring this up and see if anyone else has noticed it. But upon uploading images I quite often get a very unhelpful "HTTP error" message. It normally happens on the first go at uploading something and although I think I have seen it before I believe its happening more frequently with WP SMush Pro. It's very frustrating when adding multiple images say for a gallery and it uploads some and not others and doesnt tell you which ones it hasnt uploaded just displays the HTTP error message which tells you nothing.

Thought it was worth bringing up as an observation to see if anyone else sees it.

Great plugin though.

• Tyler Postle

Hey ThePath,

I haven't seen this myself yet, have you checked your server error logs? That might give us a more helpful error that relates to this so we can investigate further :slight_smile:

Have you noticed any similarities between the images that aren't getting uploaded? Perhaps size?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, which web host are you with?

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• ThePath

Hey Tyler,

Nothing in the logs. Error free :slight_smile:

I havent noticed any common factor with the images apart from it seems to be the first or the first few in a group upload. Im not sure its a host thing which is why I thought Id bring it up here because Ive seen it on two separate hosting companies. I dont think its a size thing because the images do upload after trying again.

I thinkg the "HTTP error" is a WP generated error and Ive seen on some forum posts people linking it to WordPress crunching the image.

The reason I brought it up here is that I rarely see this error message but recently Ive been installing WP Smush on my sites as its great but I have been noticing this error more. Could the plugin be interfering with WP's crunching behaviour?

Just thought Id bring it up anyway and see if others had noticed this.

Cheers

• Umesh Kumar

Hi @ThePath,

Strange issue, and it seems no one else reported it. I'd love to narrow down the cause for this, for that I'd need some login details.

Can you please go to:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    On the contact form, select "I have a different question"

Send in the Following details:
    - In the subject field add "Attn: Umesh Kumar"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress administrator login
    - Include FTP
    - Include SSH Login ( It'd be quite helpful, if you can include this)
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

I'd need Wordpress, FTP and SSH login.

Also can you disable the auto smush option and check if the http error still occurs.

Cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.