http://wpmupremium.com/ Just discovered it and couldn't

http://wpmupremium.com/

Just discovered it and couldn't figure out the registrant or who'S behind it.

Looks pretty empty too so I thought I'd mention it to you. OR is this something new you guys are building?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Thanks for that.

We've seen similar a few times, often the files contain call home scripts that send passwords and email addresses to another source, or worse in commerce plugins with credit card and address details.

One guy even uploaded our Popover plugin to WP.org, that sent all email accounts and passwords back to another address. Thankfully the mods over there were pretty quick to act once we let them know. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for letting us know. :slight_smile:

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

I hope you guys have followed up on this? Those guys started selling your plugins apparently.

for 10$ you get i.e .

MarketPress eCommerce Plugin

$19 $10

Wordpress MarketPress eCommerce Plugin, Version 2.9.5, developed by WPMU DEV. 100% Buddypress and MultiSite Compatible.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Ovidiu,

Because he's made our plugins available I was able to download and track his account from those and have since banned it. He won't be able to download further without signing back up under another account.

If he does signup under another account then we'll continually track and ban his accounts and inform his card issuer he has respectfully been refused service here but ignores that. They don't tend to look fondly upon their customers doing that.

I've also emailed the hosting provider regarding potential trademark, branding and mis-selling infringements.

Thanks

• Lamysha
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Just jumping in here...any update on whats going on with wpmupremium.com? I've just stumbled across their website and note that they are selling your plugins with your product names and screenshot for $10. They've also got Upfront theme available for $10.

How is this possible/permissible?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

It's some lazy person someone trying to make quick cash of other peoples hard work.

As mentioned briefly above regarding the Popover plugin, often when people do this they also put in some rogue code that compromises your site and your members data. I'd never personally risk it.

We'll continue to close down their accounts, however, the code is GPL and so whilst ethically questionable, it's not illegal for them to do what they are doing. The last time we had them remove all of our images and sales blurb and closed down their account.

We'll also continue to ban accounts they sign up with.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.