Hub Backup Service

Just to follow up on my previous Ticket about your Uptime monitor. Some of your competitors services offer SMS alerts in addition to email when sites down for $1 Per month.

Have you considered this? Perhaps you know of some clever way to trigger this with Zapier or IFTTT?

This is about backup on the hub.

For guesthouse.live

Backup Schedule: Weekly @ 10am

Last Backup: 4 months ago • 3 GB

Out of Date! You haven’t backed up this site in the last 30 days. We recommend you keep regular backups in case disaster strikes.

Hang on isn't it scheduled to back up every week?

Can you please tell me what going wrong here?

I have to say I find the central backup aspect of your service by far the weakest.

Theres no way I could rely on this. It fails constantly both when have it scheduled from the hub or initiated form the local server.

I use Updraft to backup all by site asset and db to the cloud daily. Its not cheap, and I'd love to dump it on cost grounds, but it's VERY resilient and reliable.

The backup is of course only half the story. The restore also needs to be tested thoroughly so you know you can rely on it.

But until the backup is consistently successful this hub service is virtually useless to me.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Phil

I hope you’re well today!

As for backups.

I checked your Hub and yes, backups for the site in question are scheduled weekly but the last one was created about 4 months ago. The fact they’re failing must while they did work before must have a reason though so I’d like to take a closer look at this.

One of the possible reasons might actually be related to the fact that you are using Updraft there at the same time – which is nothing wrong but might require some adjustment to Managed Backups configuration (namely excluding some folders from it). However that’s just a speculation at this moment and I’d need to check the specific case to be able to tell more.

That being said, would you mind enabling support access to the site so I could check it? To do so, please go to the “WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access” page in site’s back-end and click on “Grant support access” button there. Let me know here once it’s done, as I won’t be notified automatically.

As for the SMS notification idea – that’s actually something that we already have an a list of the features that might be added in future :slight_smile: I’ve also let our Hub team know that you suggested it.

Best regards,

Adam

• Phil
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Dude, I’m sorry I could NOT find the URL “WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access” – if you can please provide it I will happily grant you the acces you require. Can also verify check your are a WPMU staff member – rather than just a forum member, Thanks, Phil

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Phil,

All support forum responses that have a light blue background (like this one and Adam’s above) mean that it’s posted by WPMU DEV Staff.

Also, Support Access is something that you grant from your site, it doesn’t share any login details with us and the access button is only available to staff in our system backend.

You can read more about Support Access and how to grant it here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/wpmu-dev-plugins/wpmu-dev-dashboard-plugin-instructions/#support

One thing to note about WPMU DEV Dashboard is that the WPMU DEV panel is only available for the Admin account that activated the plugin, so if you’re checking your admin section with a different account you will not see WPMU DEV panel.

Try logging in with a different one, that has activated the plugin and you should see the WPMU DEV dash panel and option to grant support access.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.