Hub does not show updates available until visited admin updates page

The HUB is showing NO updates, but as I have accessed admin wp-admin/update-core.php now I see the updates in the HUB as well. There were WP Core update, Theme update and 2 plugin updates. But if there is updates available and I have not checked the Updates page in admin yet then in the HUB. Does it wait for the next sync period? Does the Automate also work like this as it is linked to the HUB (which updates 2 times per day), if so that is a potentially serious security risk!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Thomas Sorensen

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

Automate checks the site for updates every 3 hours by default, unless you set it otherwise in Automate options for the site (you can make it do it less often).

The site is synced to The Hub about two times a day and that will affect when The Hub information would be displayed, additionally Hub pages are also cached. However, Automate goes every 3 hours so unless you have set it to check less often The Hub info display won’t affect that.

I’d say that check every 3 hours is enough to maintain site up to date in a secure way.

If you have any additional/follow up questions, let me know please.

Kind regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.