Hub is not detecting some plugin update

Hub is not detecting that 2 plugins need updating. To see my issue here is a quick video I created:
https://www.useloom.com/share/f9b8a04b73d24637934a060ef9d3f8f2

• viobru
    • Recruit

Hi, David!

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

I removed your credentials from your last response for safety reasons, since this is a public thread. If you ever have to send us sensitive information, please don’t post them here and use our secure contact instead (choosing ‘I have another question’ option): https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question.

That being said, it seems that some premium plugins have their own way of updating when compared to plugins found in the WordPress repository and this might cause this issue. Our developers are already reported and investigating on this.

Just to make sure this is not caused by a conflict, would you be so kind to run a conflict test so we can discard this is not caused by a conflict? You can find instructions on how to run a conflict test in this link: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2

Please, let me know how the conflict test performed. If you’re not able to run it, just let me know and I’ll run it for you (please note that running a conflict test may cause some things to stop for a while).

Also, I will need you to add this lines to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

/* WPMUDEV Dashboard settings */
    define('WPMUDEV_API_DEBUG', true);
    define('WPMUDEV_API_DEBUG_ALL', true);

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Violeta

• david_braun2
    • Flash Drive

Hello,

I didn't realize that a support ticket was public info!

If it is a plugin conflict, then your solution definitely won't work for us as these plugins are standard for us.

That being said, I deactivated all except for WPMU dev dashboard, Beaver Builder, and PowerPack for Beaver Builder. The hub still says no updates available.

I then deactivated PowerPack. So only two plugins are activated. Same issue, hub is still not detecting Beaver Builder needs an update.

I then reactivated PowerPack and Deactivated Beaver Builder. Same issue.

The site is a test site; don't worry about messing anything up or restoring anything.

The above lines have been added.

Thanks,

Dave

• viobru
    • Recruit

Hi, David,

Yes, tickets are public in our forums so all members can look for answers if they ever have similar issues on their own sites :slight_smile:

Thanks for testing the debug for us. Can you please disable it by changing the lines you added in your wp-config.php file to this ones?

define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

/* WPMUDEV Dashboard settings */
    define('WPMUDEV_API_DEBUG', false);
    define('WPMUDEV_API_DEBUG_ALL', false);

In the meantime, we were able to contact Beaver Builder developers and they sent us their pro version plugins, so we were able to do more tests on our side, and this is actually happening because of the special way of how the plugin handles updates. So our developer is looking into it to see if there’s something that can be done on our side.

Thanks for your patience and have a nice day!

Regards,

Violeta

• viobru
    • Recruit

Hi, Dave!

Hope you’re having a great day :slight_smile:

I’m really sorry for not having a solution for this issue yet and I do apologize for the inconvenience this is causing. Our developer was already reported and we are waiting for his response on this issue.

We really appreciate your patience on this! :slight_smile:

Regards,

Violeta

• viobru
    • Recruit

Hi, Dave!

Hope you’re doing great :slight_smile:

I’m sorry not to have any update on this yet. Our developers are informed about this, so I’ll update any information I got from them in this thread.

Thanks for your patience and hope you’re having a great weekend!

Kind regards,

Violeta

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Dave,

I appreciate your patience on this - I spoke again with developer and they will take care of this.
    Because some premium plugins are doing updates in "own way" and with each there is difference from what is used by wordpress.org plugins it requires checking each plugin and implementing that in our system.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rupok
      • Support Ninja

Hi Dave,

I'm so sorry for the time it's taking and we do apologize for it. Actually, it's a complex thing, and we are really trying our best to make it as solid as possible. So it's taking a bit longer than usual.

I hope we will be done very soon and we will update you here as soon as we are done. I really appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
      Rupok

• david_braun2
    • Flash Drive

Hello Kasia,

Any new news on this?

We are a week shy of 6 months when I first reported on this, and it's a major problem for the hub and which causes me not to use it.

I still cannot figure out why this is not fixed by now.

Please provide an update of when it will be fixed.

Thanks,

Dave

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Dave,

I've checked task for this issue and developer completed it, but this change wasn't yet added to latest WPMU DEV Dashboard release and it scheduled for the next one - probably because it needs more testing (from task description I see it passed initial tests, but our QA team has to also give a green light). I'm checking with project manager and I will let you know when there will be more details to it.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Dave,

Can you check now - but make sure you have latest WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed. We have tested few pro plugins including Beaver Builder and they are now showing in the HUB. I'm attaching screenshots from my site:

1) Update in WP Admin

2) Update in HUB for the same site:

Let me know if you see that - or if there are plugins that are still not showing.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.