Hub profile and connection to site not working

Hi guys,
Struggling with a broken connection to wpmudev and my sites.

When logged in here I can see my posts but can't edit them and the connection to the hub from my sites is broken. I cannot reset my password here either.

Trying to fix this yesterday I deleted and reinstalled wpmudev dashboard but this didn't work.

There was a WP error showing in the Add New Plugin menu suggesting that WP link was broken yesterday but that has now gone.

Here's my other thread. Don't know if the two are related:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/urgent-marketpress-broken-at-final-link-to-checkout#post-1229302

Thanks
Paul

• Nastia

Hello Paul , hope you're doing well!

First thing to do, is to update the WPMU DEV Dashboard manually, the version on your site is outdated and this is might be the reason why the sites are not visible at the Hub.

To manually update the plugin, visite the prohect page here and click on Download. Upload the plugin via FTP to /wp-content/plugins/ by replacing the wpmu-updated folder.

Or delete the current WPMU DEV Dashboard from the Plugins > All Plugins and install the plugin again from there.

When logged in here I can see my posts but can't edit them

Please clarify, you can't edit posts on your sites? When you click on Edit link under the post, does the post opens but changes can't be saved? Or teh Edit link is missing?

Can you replicate the same with all plugins dectivated? If everything is well, activate one plugin at a time to find the one that causes this.

Let me know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Paul

Hi Nastia

Thanks for your reply.

Yes- I've uploaded the Dashboard plugin to the site from here yesterday. It shouldn't be outdated but the updates page is offering an update to me. I can't use it though because the Update Now button is greyed out :disappointed:

I'm sorry I didn't explain the last bit very well.

I can't log into the dashboard on the site- it tells me my password or login details are wrong. So, I've tried to reset my password on premium.wpmudev but this doesn't work either (they are the same password, right?)

I notice also that I can't edit posts in this thread that I have written- usually there is an Edit link so I can do that but it is not visible.

So I am wondering is there an account conflict on wpmudev as well as other issues or maybe because of them.

Paul

UPDATE: Aha, the edit link on here is back for this post but not the first one.

• Sajid

Hello Paul :slight_smile:

Hope you are doing good today and thanks for explaining the issue in detail with followup reply.

I don't think the Defender scan may interfere with password resets or something. It only change or make operations on your site, such as changing the admin user name, changing general database table prefix etc manually when you take any action from Defender -> Hardening.

The scan just displays the results and suggests you options where you have to manually take some actions. Either delete, replace or ignore the effected files, if any.

But I am glad to know things are working now your end. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to start a new thread.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.