Hub – updates issues via automate and update all

We have been experiencing an issue where a number of plugins have not been updating when triggered via Automate or by using Update All via the Hub.

In some cases, the plugin doesn’t re-activate (in the case of GeoDirectory) and other times the plugin doesn’t update at all. It seemed intermittent and we originally suspected an issue with our server. So we did the following:

We setup two identical websites with the same older plugins that requires updates. These were on two different servers through two different providers and experienced the same thing. We enabled debug logs and saw this:

[30-Mar-2019 16:09:00 UTC] PHP Warning:

fopen(/home/++++++++/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-easy-updates/external-updates.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/+++++++/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5462

fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/++++++++/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5465

fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/++++++++++/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5468

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Moez!

I hope you’re well today and thank you for reaching out to us!

You’ve made a good job testing the issue by comparing different setups. We appreciate that a lot!

I’ve checked the automate logs for your sites and found errors regarding the plugins you mentioned. At this moment the information we have is still inconclusive, so I’m going to dig a bit deeper to find out what’s happening here.

I’ve forwarded your question to our team for advice on how to approach this and what could be the cause. Please give us time till Monday, as some team members are not available today. I’m setting up a reminder to follow up here as soon as I get any response.

Kind regards,

Pawel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.