Humming bird minification enable/disable button not working

When I try to enable/disable specific css/js files in Hummingbird minification settings the button does not work. Clicking on it does nothing....
No js errors in console. Also alot of files' reduction tab stays "pending"

Any help appreciated

• Dimitris

Hey there Alberto,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

Could you please grant us support access to your website via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin as described here? https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4
    We could have a better look inside then and see that in action.

Also, could you please point to us the "specific css/js files" that don't work? You can use the notes section in WPMUDEV -> Support after you grant us access to share these with us.

Finally, in case of a multisite installation, please inform us about the subsite in question.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris

Hey there Alberto,

hope you're having a beautiful day today! :slight_smile:

I just accessed your website and noticed that HummingBird wasn't activated and I didn't do so as this is a live website and I didn't want to mess anything up.

While trying to setup minification in hummingbird, the include/exclude, reduce file size and merge buttons for specific files do not work and some of the js files remain with pending status.

"Pending" files are the ones that aren't included in the minification process. As long as you enable the "minify" and "combine" toggles for those assets and refresh your homepage so that the new HB cached files are generated, the "pending" status should change to some before/after info about file size.
    Finally, there're some assets that can't be handled at all. These could be for example stylesheet files with @import statements or other assets which are loaded via ajax calls.

also, the gzip function says gzip is not working properly:
    although without setting it manually the script section in htaccess has been added.

Besides all this if the minification works properly can it be used solely with w3tc?

I have enabled this plugin because of another problem. I usually utilize W3TC for performance but since a few days the minification does not work (all the rest does).

If you could spot why the minification in W3TC does not work and solve that....It would be most appreciated solution.

I got a glnace at an error which might be causing this, but it appeared only once and it said:
    W3 Total Cache error:It appears Minify URL rewriting is not working. Please verify that the server configuration allows .htaccess Unfortunately minification will not function without custom rewrite rules

For minification you should either use HummingBird or W3TC. Both of them though, will try to add some directives in .htaccess file, but that doesn't mean that it will work out-of-the-box. You should contact your hosting provider to double confirm that gzip is enabled in your server (for HTML, CSS and JS files) and that any changes that you make in .htaccess file have effect and they don't get overridden by any other server settings.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris

Hey there Alberto,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

There isn't any way to control the loading order of plugins in HB Minification apart from the "original/footer" options.

In order to have more control over the loading order you may use a plugin like Plugin Organizer https://wordpress.org/plugins/plugin-organizer/

By the way certain js files keep staying in pending state and are not loaded in the minification.

If those are excluded either way, there should be some loading condition that HB either can't handle or won't include in order to bypass future issues.
    Still can't see an activated Minification module and I'd rather not activate it myself because can lead to broken parts of your website and I may not be able to take notice of them as I don't know the desired design.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.