Hummingbird 1.7 Causes Internal Server 500 Error

After upgrading to Hummingbird 1.7 the server fails to run script. Error Log provides this feedback Thu Nov 02 09:14:28 2017] [error] [client XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] Premature end of script headers: php-latest referer: http://mysite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpmudev-plugins [Thu Nov 02 09:14:43 2017] [error] [client XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] Premature end of script headers: php-latest
Deactivated all the plugins including WPMUDEV Dashboard and activated default WordPress theme and then tried to activate the Hummingbird but it leads to Internal Server 500 Error

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Todd

Would you please make sure you have correct file permission? All folder should have 755 and all files should have 644.

I tried to change but using FTP it takes ages as you have lots of files there. Would you please try from cPanel or command line if you have root access?

Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Todd
      • New Recruit

Aight I SSH'd in, did the following
      find /path/to/base/dir -type d -exec chmod 755 {} +
      and
      find /path/to/base/dir -type f -exec chmod 644 {} +

Still getting internal server error 500 when activating Hummingbird 1.7.0.1

• Ari
    • Recruit

Hi Todd,

Sorry for that you had problem with Hummingbird, but this is unusual and probably related to server config.

I made a modification in the plugin, that fixed the problem. I have informed the developer about this issue, hopefully he will include the solution in the plugin in future update.

=== Modification Details ===
    I have replaced this file: plugins/wp-hummingbird/core/modules/class-module-gzip.php with the attached one. I have attached the file as zip.

Best Regards, Ari

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.