Hummingbird - Ability to re-check individual files in minification

Hello,

I was wondering how other people work with Hummingbird Minification while developing?

Do you turn minification off, and then turn it back on after you are done, and re-check files once?

Do you re-check files every time?

Will there ever be a feature in Hummingbird to re-check individual files, instead of always re-checking everything?

Thanks!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello mediastead,

I'm not entirely aware how other members are working with Humminbird while developing site (you can ask that on our members forum https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/members ) - but we always recommend using minification after site is finished (this is the same case like with cache).

Will there ever be a feature in Hummingbird to re-check individual files, instead of always re-checking everything?

Re-checking is used to check if there are new files in system - like when you add new plugin or change theme. Do you want this feature to re-check for example style.css file you are developing?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• mediastead

Hello Kasia,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

As an example, if I have a quick style change, like adding some style to a blockquote, there's no reason to pull down the site to a dev site, make the change, upload, test, etc...

However, after making a change to the style.css file, I still have to go to Hummindbird, and "re-check all files".

This process takes quite a while to complete. Conversely, if I make a change to the style.css file, I already know that this is the file I changed. I should be able to go in, and just "recheck" that exact file for the newest version, instead of unnecessarily recheck all the other files that I know have not changed.

Depending on the number of files being checked, this can make the process MUCH easier and faster for me.

Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.