[HummingBird and Defender] Insufficient Storage Problems

Hi, I recently purchased the suite of plugins, and I’m struggling to get to grips with setting them up correctly and getting the best out of them. The plugins seemed to have really slowed my sites down across the board, and I’m also getting lots of problems with the sites freezing with a ‘Insufficient Storage Problem’ error.

To be honest I’m struggling to know what to do for the best because the more I try and play with the plugins ‘Defender’ and ‘Humming Bird’ the slower my sites seem to be getting (compared to how they were) and the more errors I’m getting. On the DreamersDare site I don’t have a great deal of plugins and it’s not the biggest site in the world. I have bought the plugin to mainly replace, Wordfence, WP-Rocket, Yoast and as All in one WP Migration. So far on the sites I have setup WPMUDEV they are all running slower and crashing more, and I’m concerned I’m doing something wrong.

I contacted my hosts StablePoint to see if they could offer some advice and they have replied as follows:

Hi Glynne,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The limits are set separately for every cPanel account. I’ve updated them only for your account with username ‘bedazzled’ where dreamersdare.com is located. I did the same for user ‘myseasideprintsc’.

Unfortunately, you don’t have access to manage that on your end. Generally, this error message is appearing when the account is taking more resources than the ones defined in the CloudLinux config for this cPanel user. We’re setting quite reasonable limitations, so I’d recommend you to try checking the possible cause when you get the error message. For example, dreamersdare.com was hitting the entry processes limit. That was most likely related to the plugins you’ve stopped as they’ve been possibly generating a lot of PHP processes.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Kind Regards

Yordan
Stablepoint Support

——————————————
Glynne Kirkham
User – 05/12/2019 11:07

Hi Yordan, Thanks for that. I’ve disabled the plugins on the site I mentioned to you in my original email, and things seem to be working much better on that site now. I suppose the only way I can check is to turn those plugins back on and see what happens. The same thing is happening on another of my sites at the moment – https://myseasideprints.co.uk Can I ask if the configurations you have tweaked are related to the original site I enquired about, or to my overall hosting account therefore filtering down to all my sites? If it is something you have to do on a site by site basis is it something you can tell me how to do, so that I can do it? If it is across all my sites then I think the problem is still happening. Regards, Glynne

————–
Yordan Todorov
Staff – 05/12/2019 10:54

Hi Glynne,

Thanks for getting in touch.

It seems that the issue here was related to the CloudLinux limitations, so I’ve tweaked the configuration a bit for you.

Please check your website functionality and let us know if you’re still getting any error messages.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

Yordan
Stablepoint Support