Hummingbird and SMUSH

Hummingbird's report is giving the following information:
BENCHMARKS

Optimize the following images to reduce their size by 134.8KiB (55% reduction).

Compressing https://yoursite.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/avatar-webinar-bannerCustomer-square.jpg could save 54.2KiB (73% reduction).

(That's just one of the images it's reporting).

This image, along with the others hosted on my server have already Super-SMUSHED, so I'm not sure why it's picking these up.

I've given support access to my dashboard for this.

Thanks.

• Nithin

Hi Charly,

Hope you are doing good today.

I could see a Hummingbird bird performance had a new scan, and now it doesn't list the above mentioned images:

To double check, I ran your website in Google Page Speed, and could see the same results. WP Smush Pro can only smush images inside the Media Library. The 1st images marked in the performance report is part of your theme, you'll have to manually compress these image, ie upload the image to the Media Library, so that it gets optimized, once done download the image, and re-upload it into your themes folder.

The last 2 images in the performance report are coming from a CDN, or from another server, unfortunately there isn't any way for WP Smush Pro plugin to optimize images in another server, you'll have to replace such images if possible with the images from your server.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day ahead.

Best Regards,
    Nithin