[HUMMINGBIRD] Asset Optimization does not work

I can't use Asset Optimization on my site. I get this error:

It seems that we are having problems in our servers. Asset optimization will be turned off for 77 minutes
cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 15001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received
  • James Morris

Hello Sean

Taking a deeper look at your site, your PHP configuration was set too restrictive and was not allocating enough resources for Hummingbird to perform the needed cURL requests. I've updated your PHP config with the following values and Asset Optimization is working correctly now.

max_execution_time = 180
    memory_limit = 256M

Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello Sean

I've run a standalone script to query the Hummingbird API endpoint on your server directly. This script bypasses WordPress entirely to ensure that no conflicts can occur and simply returns the response timings and headers. Using this script, I was able to confirm that your server can successfully connect to our endpoint and the timings look very good. So, I suspect there's an issue elsewhere, perhaps in your transients.

We can move forward with troubleshooting this in a couple ways...

If you would prefer, you could query your database for wphb-minify-server-errors and report back the results here.

Or, if you would like, I can check this for you, but I will need phpMyAdmin access. If you would prefer for me to look into this further, would you please grant me access to your site and server?

NOTE: Please make a full backup of your site before sending the following information.

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Option: I have a different Question

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

~OR~

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.