Hummingbird Assets not listing

Asset Optimizations are listing sometimes 0 , 11, and 22 files every random time the Re-check Files are clicked under Hummingbird. > Asset Optimisation page.

Please advise whether the number of files listed are correct, or not.

• jnkfrancis

Hi Helen,

I am here to help you figure out the trouble you are having with Hummingbird. If you have FTP access to your site, could you enable debugging flowing this procedure:

Access your server via FTP, edit wp-config.php file, find a line like

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

And replace it with the following (if the above line doesn't exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    @ini_set( 'log_errors', 1 );
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

When you're done go back and run Hummingbird Asset Optimization again. By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created.

Please download it and then upload it to a service like Dropbox and send me the link. If you are able to provide any other error logs from your server in your website's root folder that would also be helpful. You can upload them and share their links as well.
    Ref: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/debugging-wordpress-how-to-use-wp_debug/

When you've done that respond to this post and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks!

Jeremy

• jnkfrancis

Hi Helen,

I hope you are doing well today. I'm glad that you got Hummingbird to find 11 files, but we want to make sure that everything is working right for you. So let's see if we can't get it working right. There are a few steps we can take next.

First, let's double check that there is still not a Debug Log. The Debug Log would've been created in your wp-content folder and would be called "debug.log". Could you verify that there is not a debug.log file there? If it turns out that the debug.log file is there, could you upload it to a service like Dropbox or Google Drive and share the link here in your response.

Next, if there is still no debug.log file we will need to do a plugin conflict test. I know you are concerned with losing your settings, and usually, that is not a problem as plugin settings are retained in the database whether or not the plugin is active or not, but I understand your concern. One solution would be to create an exact copy of your site and create a new site (staging site) to test from using a subdomain or subdirectory of the main site. That way we have an exact copy of your site, with the same server conditions. If that sounds like something you can do I would give that a shot.

We have a helpful guide here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/set-up-staging-site-cheap-shared-hosting/

Then once you get your staging site set up you will want to run a plugin conflict test.

Start by deactivating all plugins and MU-plugins apart from WPMUDEV Dashboard and Hummingbird, activate a default theme like TwentySeventeen, clear all caches and run Hummingbird again. With just this setup and the Twenty Seventeen theme, you should get 14 assets. If Hummingbird works correctly, consistently then we have a plugin or theme conflict issue.

So start activating the remaining plugins and theme, one by one this time, checking Hummingbird every time checking to see that Hummingbird is picking up the new assets. When it stops working you will have found the conflicted combination. The following flow chart image can assist you during this test: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2

Let us know what the results are and we can proceed from there.

Have a great day!

Jeremy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.