[Hummingbird] assets optimization

Things keep getting screwed up on my site, after I optimize assets. And, when I recheck files, Hummingbird returns saying "zero files" found.

Additionally when I check assets, all of the settings I applied seem to be gone (specifically, combine, and move to footer).

This happened yesterday as well. Something is wrong with the plugin, I would say

• Patrick Freitas

Hi Kevin

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

I had a closer look on this and you realised that max_execution_time is set to 0

Wouldn't you mind please try to increase to 300.
    By FTP or cPanel go to WordPress root Folder, search for php.ini file, search for the command max_execution_time .

If doesn't exist insert or if exist reply to:

max_execution_time = 300

After that try to enable the function and check the files.

Let me know the results.
    Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

• Patrick Freitas

Hi Kevin

How are you today?

Would't you mind please send me the SFTP/FTP credentials and I can have a closer look on this.

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question:

Subject: "Attn: Patrick Freitas"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Let me know when you send the information
    Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

• Patrick Freitas

Hi Kevin

Thank you for the information.

I had a closer look on the problem, it seems there is a plugin conflicting with this function.

If you leave the Assets Optimization page and back to it you will see that the plugin found the files.
    I enabled the debug mode but unfortunately it didn't return any log.

You can run a plugin test and check which plugin is causing this behaviour.

Remember, is important that you run this test in a staging site, if you can’t do it you must create a full backup.

Please deactivate all plug-ins just keep the reported one, and check if the problem is gone. If so, then enable all plugins one by one and find which one is creating the issue.

If you still having this issue, could you do a theme test, much the same as the plugin test, but now you’re testing themes!
    Activate one of the default WordPress themes, like Twenty Sixteen or Twenty Seventeen.

Here you will find more information: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2

However, I was able to combine and move to footer some javascripts file to test.

Let me know the plugin test results.
    Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

• Kevin

Additionally, every few hours the functionality of our portfolio stops working. Specifically, the dynamic "filter" which allows you to select a category and the portfolio filters results. For instance, if you click "logos".

However, every few hours, that functionality stops working and I must clear the cache in Humingbird and turn off assets optimization. I've completely turned off this feature but still the portfolio does not work properly

• Kevin

One more note: the portfolio feature malfunctions every day since I installed Hummingbird. I must manually clear the cache on the Hummingbird dashboard before it will then work again. Obviously this is our most important page on our website and we will lose business every day that it does not work.

Perhaps the javascript that is being used for our dynamic portfolio is not compatible with your software, in which case I will need to cancel and remove the app.

Please see our portfolio and note how it "filters" projects based on the category you select. This feature will not work in a few hours, or perhaps tomorrow.
    http://www.peartreeusa.com/portfolio/

• Konstantinos Xenos

Hi Kevin ,

I've been looking at the issue but there are not errors to point on a direction of why this could be happening yet. I see though from your previous comments that you did a plugin coflict test. May I ask if you did a theme test as well? For example going to TwentySeventeen and try the Optimization again to see if that works ?

Unfortunately since this is a live site as well there's not enough room for us to try different things and it's been impossible to replicate the issue on any of our environments.

Could you inform me about a theme conflict test as well if that's possible?

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Kevin

Hello Konstantinos,

looking at your previous comment "its been impossible to replicate the issue..." I'm not quite sure what you mean, but, in previous ticket replies it has been noted by your team that indeed, Hummingbird has reported "0 files found" when running optimization. That is one problem. Eventually, when it does find files to optimize, our Portfolio stops working.
    I believe if you go into our site and active Humingbird, run optimization, you will notice both these issues will occur. (sometimes it takes a few hours, but, eventually our dynamic portfolio will stop working).
    This is the main issue. Right now, the only plugin I am using from WPMUDEV is Smush Pro. This is helping moderately, but, my host server (SiteGround), offers similar plugin, free. Also, they are providing me with a CDN (Cloudflare), and other software to minimize scripts.
    To summarize, you are welcome to try to resolve the problem, but, if it cannot be done, I am going to have to cancel my subscription.
    Please inform me when you begin the test so we can be sure we are not working in the site.

• Konstantinos Xenos

Hi Kevin ,

"its been impossible to replicate the issue" means that we tried to reach / re-create the same problem that you are having on our own various environments that we use for testing and debugging issues so we can find what the problem is and fix it, but without being able to re-create the issue at all.

Since you're ok with me going forward with testing in your live site, please do keep a full backup and inform me that you're ok so I can start.

I'll be keeping backups myself as well until the testing is done. I'm noting again that there will be a full conflict test as well so for some time your theme, plugins won't be fully working and your website will not be looking/working as usual.

I'll start the process asap and will be in touch for any updates.

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Konstantinos Xenos

Kevin it seems that the Cpanel password you've provided us isn't valid anymore.

I can't proceed making tests without access to the server logs & database to keep backups.

You can send me the new information needed to make the tests for you privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question by following this example:

Subject: "Attn: Konstantinos Xenos"

- Server Admin ( CPanel / Plesk )
    Username:
    Password:
    Login URL:

- Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs -or- information regarding the issue that was not included in this thread

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• John Venable

I've been having the same issue, "0 assets found!" on all our sites recently. I don't know exactly when it stopped working because we haven't attempted to use Asset Optimization lately, but when Google rolled out its new method of scoring mobile sites we needed to revisit the idea. Now we can't get it to work on any site. I tried disabling ALL plugins other than Hummingbird and switched to the 2017 theme, but still nothing. The debug logs are empty, so there aren't any errors to share. Unfortunately, because of our hosting configuration, I can't give out a cPanel/login info for our devel site, but I reviewed the php info and tested multiple configurations on multiple sites.

Some additional information:
    Rackspace server
    SSL Installed (and site forced to https)
    PHP Version 7.1.23
    max_execution_time 30
    memory_limit 256M
    post_max_size 200M
    WordPress 4.9.8
    Hummingbird Pro 1.9.2

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.