[Hummingbird] Backslash added to exclusion

I tried to do a live chat, but the chats kept telling me to 'please wait...' for a long long loooooong period.. On Edge and on Mozilla Firefox.

Anyway, I just installed the plug-in WP GDPR core and the add-on for Gravity Forms (just to make sure we are GDPR compliant). But for some reason the plug-in has loads of issues with caching.
So I tried adding the URL's in exclusions without success.

I added /gdpr-verzoek-voor-inzage-in-persoonlijke-data/
Just want to make sure that all URL's which has the above are not being cached.. But if I save the exclusion it will be added as /\gdpr-verzoek-voor-inzage-in-persoonlijke-data/\ with the backslash added.

Wot is going on here?
Thanks for helping out.

  • Predrag Dubajic

    Hi Young Security,

    Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

    I tried to do a live chat, but the chats kept telling me to 'please wait...' for a long long loooooong period.. On Edge and on Mozilla Firefox.

    When this message shows the system is checking if there are any available agents, but it should last for just a second or two and that's how it behaves on my end.
    You're using Windows 10, is that correct?
    Can you also tell us which versions of Firefox and Edge you are using so we can try testing this in same conditions?

    I added /gdpr-verzoek-voor-inzage-in-persoonlijke-data/
    Just want to make sure that all URL's which has the above are not being cached.. But if I save the exclusion it will be added as /\gdpr-verzoek-voor-inzage-in-persoonlijke-data/\ with the backslash added.

    Nothing to worry about here, when you add some value Hummingbird will auto convert your input into valid regex syntax and that's why you're seeing it that way.
    If you check the existing examples in the exclusion field you can see that dots also have backslash added.

    Best regards,
    Predrag

  • Young Security

    Hi Predrag Dubajic,

    I am indeed working on Windows 10 (64 bits).
    The current Firefox version I am using: 59.0.2 (64-bits)
    The current Edge version I am using: 41.16299.248.0

    Regarding the exclusion of the above mentioned URL, this was indeed not the fault of Hummingbird. It seemed the plug-in wasn't correctly working with OPcache on our server. After manually flushing the OPcache everything was functioning normally again.

    Thanks for the quick response.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.