[Hummingbird] better compression with Divi theme

hello do you a cheat sheet for better compression with Hummingbird pro and Divi theme? it would be nice to have something like that

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi nicolas,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I suppose you meant about the Asset Optimization part in Hummingbird? I'm afraid, there isn't any generic steps that we could suggest, as this entirely depends upon each theme, and the number of plugins installed, which is subjective, and would vary from one website to another.

The general rule of thumb would be to make sure is to load the assets in the footer, so that it would improve the render blocking resources score, and this would require trial, and error method to find the optimal solution.

Once Advanced mode is enabled in Asset Optimization as shown in the screenshot:

The trial & error method steps would be more like:
    1) Go to the 1st file listed, enable "Compression" option for the 1st file,
    2) Load the frontend, and check whether the homepage layout breaks
    3) If not, you can enable the "Move to Footer" option, and then check the homepage, and see whether the layout breaks.
    4) If the layout breaks this time, you'll have to revert the "Move to Footer" option Save the changes, and move on with next files listed in Asset optimization page, and start with step 1 again.

However, I'm bringing your suggestion into our developers attention, to check whether there is anything that could be done to improve this specifically for Divi theme.

Please advise if I had missed anything. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.