Hummingbird blocking Thrive Themes Content Editor

When I go to a page and attempt to edit it using Thrive themes content editor it is blocked from loading when hummingbird is active.

When I disable hummingbird and whether or not I go back to W3 total cache and enable it in lieu of HBird, or if I leave W3TC disabled as well - it doesn't matter...

? IF hummingbird is active : I cannot open my content editor.

Also do you recommend to turn off or disable W3 TC if using hummingbird?

? Is that a duplicative effort?

• Milan

Hello Scott Brown

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

First let's clear your issue with Hummingbird then we will look into what's different between W3TC and Hummingbird. :slight_smile:

#1) Most of the time such issues take place due to Minification setting of Hummingbird. You can disable minification for the files of Thrive theme editor( or theme itself if editor is not separate plugin and offered you as part of Thrive theme ).
    To do that please go to Hummingbird > Minification > Select "Thrive theme" from the dropdown > Disable minification and "Combine" for it. Then test it. Hopefully this will fix this issue.

If not, I would need staff access to your site to test this better which you can grant me via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access. Take a look at this screenshot to know where I am pointing you at. :slight_smile:

#2) Comparison should start from the features plugin offers. :slight_smile: So in this case, I suggest you to take a look at both plugin's features. There are some features which only W3TC offers. But those feature which both plugins supports should be used in any one of them. For example, both plugin supports browser caching, so you should use only one of's browser caching. This way you can utilise both plugins different features if you wish. In most of cases, Hummingbird is sufficient to handle most of load and cache stuff.

Do you also know that we have just release copy of Hummingbird in which we enabled cloudflare's integration ? If not, you would love to check it to. :slight_smile:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/hummingbird-cloudflare-integration/

Hope this helps you. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Scott Brown

Yes I saw that announcement - that's great news.
    I had to leave cloudflare because W3TC will not play nice, easily, with cloudflare.
    Knowing wpmu products whatever options are available they will be simple to select and it won't work with cloudflare very well. So I'm excited to hear that. I will switch back to cloudflare and give it a try again. Cloudflare worked better than any when I used it directly.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.