Hummingbird breaks my site

I am struggling with Hummingbird on my site. If I activate Hummingbird on my site, the layout of the page changes. Please help me to fix this issue.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Avatar

I hope you're well today!

I've accessed the staging site and visited the page mentioned during the chat but regardless whether I disable Hummingbird or enable it, I see the same image there. It's also different to the ones shared during the chat:

Is it the right image? Did you manage to handle the issue since the chat or something was changed on site?

Let me know, please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• The Bug Hunter

Nothing is solved.
    I hope this explain. After chatting up to an hour in live chat. They double checked the issues, I find it confusing that I need to keep explaining what is going wrong.
    Lets show You what I mean:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HXNbRMlQ8bBLTRoOxEtUMtDxhKamG7Lc/view?usp=sharing

In the staging site can not all be tested. Since staging.wpmudev.host is still having an ssl issue. Furthermore do disable Wordfence to avoid Autheticator issues for support
    And moreover, do I notice that the wpmudev dashboard graph issue is also different on the staging site. That was mentioned to me as a bug that would be solved in a furture release of wpmudev dashboard. Lastly the wp-ultimo mapping in staging site is differen....

So I cant keep testing in a live site. And the staging site does not seems to be the same. If I disable hummingbird, the layout issues in my beaverbuilder page are going away. I hope it helps.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Avatar

I'm sorry for this delays and my confusion over this. Sometimes though the issues are not as "clear" to us at first as they might seem to you who knows the site very well. I apologize for misunderstanding and thank you for additional explanation.

Unfortunately though, th elink that you shared is not accessible to me; I've requested permission (from my company e-mail at 'incsub.com') so if you could grant it it would be of great help.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• The Bug Hunter

file access open now.
    And on the live site I am using Beaver Builder on my Beaver Theme and I need to deactivate Hummingbird to see many lay-out changes.
    After editing, when I saved Beaver Builder changes, I noticed many errors. Somthing is going on.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Avatar

Thank you for granting access to the file.

I watched that and did quite a bit of tests on my own setups - on our hosting (production environment) and 3rd-party hosting (for comparison) - but I'm afraid I'm still not quite "there". I can replicate some issues with layout changes not being applied if I have "Asset Optimization" enabled, even if it's not "configured" (only enabled).

There is an explanation for this though: while Beaver Builder plugin attempts to clear Hummingbird's Page Cache (which is great) it apparently doesn't hook to Asset Optimization cache and since BB does create CSS as external files (kind of its internal cache) and those are "caught" by Asset Optimization - that needs to be cleared manually.

I wasn't able to replicate directly the main issue with the header image and it seems that currently on your live site it was changed also as I don't see any image there at all now. However, I think that's still related to the issue I described above and I passed that over to our developers for further investigation.

Please note though that while I'm aware of the fact that the issue doesn't happen on your staging site and the live site is not a "testing ground", they might need to check the live site to get more insight, at lest at configuration. We'll be asking you for further details/information if necessary and we'll also update you here as soon as we get to know more from our developers.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Panos
    • SLS

Hey there Avatar !

As Adam mentioned this seems related to cache and I could also replicate that when testing with Beaver Builder plugin. Adding the following snippet in a mu-plugin seems to take care of this instead of having to manually clear the cache after each save:

add_action( 'fl_builder_after_save_layout', function(){

if ( ! current_user_can( 'edit_posts' ) || ! isset( $_POST['fl_builder_data']['post_id'] ) ) { // Input var okay.
    		return;
    	}

if ( ! class_exists( 'WP_Hummingbird_Admin_AJAX' ) ) {
    		include_once WPHB_DIR_PATH . 'admin/class-admin-ajax.php';
    	}

$hb_ajax = new WP_Hummingbird_Admin_AJAX();
    	$hb_ajax->clear_global_cache();

} );

If you are not familiar with mu-plugins you can read more about them here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/
    or if you prefer we could add this snippet on your site but we would need your confirmation that we can create temporarily and admin and ftp accounts.

Kind regrads!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.