Hummingbird breaks Rocksprocket

Just an FYI, I had to uninstall Hummingbird because it seemed that plugin updates (I’m on WPEngine hosting) would take a very long time to install from the admin panel and because we noticed that it broke Roksprocket completely. After narrowing it down from ~20 plugins it was determined that it was Hummingbird that had the compatibility issue.

Just dropping this here to help you guys with the new plugin as it does look impressive otherwise.

Thanks!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello chris,

I tried to replicate this issue with Roksprocket – but on my site it didn’t cause any issues – however I can assume the my settings with Roksprocket are different that yours.

Most probably cause is that there is problem with minification of CSS/JS files in Hummingbird – if you enabled this function for all files it can break some themes. It is best to check with minification disabled and the try to exclude files from it – for example those from Roksprocket.

I’ve tested installing Hummingbird on the WP engine account but it was very fast. Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.