[Hummingbird] Browser caching doesn't show expiry options

In Hummingbird, I had the Browser Caching configured to the expiry period of 8 days as recommended. After the recent Hummingbird update, the browser caching expiry are saying 1 second now. I had Cloudflare connected, but no expiry options are showing up in the settings. Please advice.

• Rogerio Barreto

This is quite weird since this topic was opened through a chat support and I never mentioned Cloudflare in that conversation because I simply don't have Cloudflare connection in any of my sites in the HUB...

I have just checked kazas.com.br and I found the very same issue there (cache expiring dates changed to 1 second and no buttons showing up to allow me to reset it to 8 days).

Then I opened the WP dashboard of karroz.com.br expecting to find the same thing and surprisingly I didn't. This particular website keeps showing that all of my cache types meet the recommended expiry period of 8 days as I have set it up, but at this site, Hummingbird was not updated automatically as expected yet, what makes clear to me that this issue is related with the last update of the plugin.

I am granting access to all 3 sites to allow you guys to further investigate this issue.

Besides that, the update also affected the Minification set up. At both sites: midia9.com and kazas.com.br I had set up to allow Super Admin to minify and store my files on the WPMU DEV CDN. After the update both sites appeared with the default settings (deactivate completely).

Once I checked your response I was able to set the expire date in the Browser Caching settings of the site midia9.com, but unfortunately I found what I believe to be another unexpected behavior from Hummingbird after the update.

Right after setting the expire date to 8 days in the Browser Caching settings, I set up the minification to allow Super Admin to minify and store my files on the WPMU DEV CDN so I tried to compress files through the asset optimization of the main site midia9.com and the subsite midia9.com/mariacosta again.

But no matter how many times I select a file to be compressed and publish the changes, once I click the RE-CHECK FILES button and it finish to run the file check, all compressed files (saved before) shows up as not optimized. Is this the expected behavior of the plugin, to decompress all files compressed and saved before, every time a new file check runs?

Best regards,
    Rogerio Barreto

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Rogerio,

This is quite weird since this topic was opened through a chat support and I never mentioned Cloudflare in that conversation because I simply don't have Cloudflare connection in any of my sites in the HUB...

Hmm, I guess that the chat agent was confused by the fact that CloudFlare is showing as selected option on your site after the update so he thought you were using it previously.

About the update issue, I've discussed this with the developer and it seems that there were some issues in 1.8.0, 1.8.0.1 and 1.8.0.2 that caused update problems on certain servers and this seems to be what affected the update on your sites as well.

Since the issue is fixed on the latest release I went and updated HB on your last site and there was no issue after that, so you shouldn't see this issue in future.

On the site where you still had the issue, I also reset settings and re-activated Browser Caching so you should be good to go on all 3 installations now.

But no matter how many times I select a file to be compressed and publish the changes, once I click the RE-CHECK FILES button and it finish to run the file check, all compressed files (saved before) shows up as not optimized. Is this the expected behavior of the plugin, to decompress all files compressed and saved before, every time a new file check runs?

This is actually expected behavior, when you Re-Check files it assumes that there are new files added to your site, if you change the theme or add new plugins(s), and when you have additional files keeping the old combine/defer options can actually brake the site functionality so re-check resets these options.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.