Hummingbird Busting site when i try to turn on the CSS & JS magnification facility

Hi,

I really do need to use hummingbird to combine / minify CSS and JS plus i need to move som render blocking items. The problem is Hummingbird busts the site when i scan the site and open the facility to do this? Could you pls take a look at the site and see why this is happening as I really do need to do this work and I cant have a busted live site when i use this facility within Hummingbird. Look forward to your reply. I have enabled you to be able to access the back of the site.

• Sajid

Hi Studio3creative,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

While configuring the Minification module, the frontend of your website may broke several times. We have put a notice in the minifcation configuration page too that I am quoting here:

Ian, moving files between the header and footer of your page can break your website. We recommend tweaking and checking each file as you go and if a setting causes errors then revert the setting here.

If you don't want to mess up your live site while configuring the minification. Then create a staging/dev site of your product site on same server and configure it there. Once you have a working site then you can move your staging site to live by replacing the existing live site.

Also, while compressing/moving/merging/excluding files, make sure you do each step at a time and check the front to make sure everything is working. If something goes wrong then come back to minification page, revert that change and try a different combination. I am sorry but this is only way to configure the minification successfully.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.