HummingBird "Cache" makes is difficult to apply changes

When updating the CSS, there is no way to see the change right away.
The plugin did not recognize the change in the CSS until we have clicked the "re-check files" button, AND hard-refreshed (ctrl+f5) the browser.
Even then the mobile still shows the old version since we did not cleared the browser cache there.
Please note: we do not cache this website. It seems that a version needs to be updated everytime the files are being rechecked, otherwise the browser will not reload it.

What can we do in order to make use of HummingBird on a highly-rate changing website?

Thanks

• Luís

Hi Shir Gans ,

Hope you're doing well today!

It's possible that you are doing changes in JS or CSS file (i.e from a theme or plugin) that was combined and minified, and is being served by the hummingbird cache.

In the minification proccess, Hummingbird creates an internal cache file, which is necessary for plugin to work correctly. The only way to "re-build" this file is "Re-check" the files.

I can suggest to exclude/disable the theme/plugin CSS file from the minification when you are doing changes in the website to avoid it's interference.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.