Hummingbird cache, not resetting to newly set values...

I noticed this yesaterday but was too busy to do anything. LOL

But working on the site today adding and updating pages, based on client feedback.

And the dates for cache time to live are LONG... And I just set them for an hour and did re-check and they say at the LONG values!

I have attached a screen shoot....

I'm new to this plug-in I love the overall interaction and well designed themes and plug-ins and I'm starting to test them out. Could be ME missing a bottom, but I have been at this for a WHILE for WP and design. So maybe it's not me :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Glenn Louis Parker,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your questions!

The Hummingbird enables browser-side caching and there's no simple "universal" way to cause clearing this case from the site-side other than disabling it. That's not the same as server/site-side caching provided by plugins such as e.g. W3 Total Cache or WP Supercache which create cached content before serving it to client browser (by the way: you may use these plugins along Hummingbird).

The plugin is however storing some data in its internal cache and this is related to it's features. These together with aforementioned browser side caching is a reason why disabling plugin helped here.

I'm not sure if "clearing cache" (I'm referring to internal plugin's cache) button is planned but I'll suggest it to the developer as I agree it would make a nice feature.

As for "current" browser caching periods shown on the screenshot that you posted. Browser caching is enabled by adding some rules to the ".htaccess" file. These rules are meant to control what and of what values headers are sent to user browser by webserver software (Apache or NGINX). It happens however that these values are set in webserver config as "fixed" and directives added to ".htaccess" file simply doesn't affect it. This is usually caused by the way your host has configured the server and I think it would be good to get in touch with them and ask them whether they allow changing these values via .htaccess or not.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.