[Hummingbird] Cache preloading

I have just installed Hummingbird and wanted to test the performance of opace.co.uk using this plugin rather than Litespeed Cache. It’s a Litespeed server by the way.

I like some of the features but the speed isn’t quite as good. In particular, most pages don’t seemed to be cached on first visit so I’m not convinced the cache warming/preloading is working properly. Is there any way to tell or see a log of the URLs which have been cached? Better yet, can this be configured or controlled ?

How do I check this and what can I do if pages aren’t cached when the preload is reporting as complete? Are there any third-party cache warming/preloading tools that will work with Hummingbird as it would be really useful to have some visibility and control over this?

Also, I’ve just viewed the source code and JS files are being loaded from the main domain, shouldn’t these be served from the Hummingbird CDN?

https://cdn.livechat-static.com/api/file/v2/lc/att-old/8801096/e086c615636a7c03064d658ccb2aaa30/cdn.png

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there opace

I checked your website and it seems that the page preloading is still working. At first, it had 118 finished cached pages, after a couple of minutes refreshing the page was giving 121 cached pages.

As this procedure is rather slow though, and additionally it also causes some increased server load, maybe it’d be better not having “Cache interval” set to 2 days, unless there’s a specific reason for it. Keep in mind that every cache purge will trigger the cache preload to re-start.

Additionally, there is a debug file that informs us about possible skipped pages. You can find the file link in the Page Caching page:

and in there you will find some reasons like:
    – Skipping page with GET params
    – Page not cached because of active cron or ajax request.

Also, I’ve just viewed the source code and JS files are being loaded from the main domain, shouldn’t these be served from the Hummingbird CDN?

From your screenshot, it’s clear that Hummingbird CDN is in use, as all assets are getting served from https://hb.wpmucdn.com/{your_site_name}/.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.