Hummingbird cache problem?

I have been trouble with an image on my web page. Here is what was found by troubleshooting by Slocumstudio.
How do I correct this problem. Now I am having problems with my front page.

Hello,

After taking a look at your site we found that the background image is loaded, but it is being overwritten by a different set of styles.These styles that are overwriting your background image come from a caching plugin called Hummingbird. The caching plugin is saving your old styles which is now overwriting all of the new changes you would like to make. We suggest clearing the cache from the Hummingbird plugin, if that does not work try temporarily deactivating the plugin to see if that fixes the issue. Attached are screenshots that will guide you through how we came to the conclusion that the Hummingbird plugin is causing caching issues.

Ticket: http://slocumstudio.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/6639

Thank you!

--
Jason Bechtold
Community Support

@slocumstudio
slocumthemes.com
On Sat, 30 Jul at 11:04 AM , Lawrence <thepilgrim1938@gmx.com> wrote:
I placed and image in the secondary header background. The image shows up in the backend but when I go to christiansintheworld.com on another machine to view it on the front end it does not show up. Can you help me with this?

Lawrence

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Lawrence,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Hummingbird needs to store some data in order to perform what it's been made for. As it's operating on files it could either edit original files (CSS and JS) or just read them and store in some temporary form. That first option would obviously be unacceptable as it could lead to non-fixable issues so the latter is the way.

This indeed may pose some issues like this. However, Hummingbird is supposed to be used mostly in a production environment when/where everything is already fully configured. Therefore I'd suggest keeping it - or at least browser caching and minification features - disabled during any development works.

Additionally, in case Hummingbirds cache persists, please access your WP install via FTP (or cPanel "File Manager"), going to the

/wp-content/uploads/wp-hummingbird-cache/

folder and deleting all the data from inside. This should clear Hummingbird's cache and it shouldn't interfere (with aforementioned tools disabled).

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Lawrence,

Removing index.html file from /wp-hummingbird-cache/ shouldn't affect your site in any way so it looks like something else happened here.

I checked your site now and can see that the home page is there again and that HB is disabled.

On your home page there's empty space and I'm guessing that's the image you are referring to in your initial post, when I check your site code the image used there is going to 404 page which means that the image doesn't exist on that location.

Can you tell me where the content on home page is added from because I can see that the Home page in back end is completely different than one on the front end?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.