Hummingbird caching folder permissions

Hummingbird page and gravatar caching Error: The wp-content directory is not writable. Ensure the folder has proper read/write permissions for caching to function successfully.

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi Staq

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

I'm going to need to ping our SLS team (code experts) and get their valuable feedback on this. Since this is a bit more of an advanced query, it may take a little bit longer to get a reply back about this, but one of us will post back with feedback as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Staq
    • Flash Drive

Hi Katya,

Some news from my side, after resetting the WP install by emptying the DB and reinstalling WP with multi site, the page & gravatar caching and is now active.

But when I restore the original site back the issue occurs again.

The site I supplied previously is has the plugin currently active and working, the instance I'm migrating which the error is originating from still has the issue. I will send you connection details that instance shortly.

Regards,

• Ari
    • Recruit

Hello Staq

I have deeply investigated this issue and found 2 problems:
    1: define('FS_METHOD', 'direct') in the wp-config.php is not working
    2: Few file owners is 1000, few 1002 & few 1. it's a problem.

When server temp user is 1, and try load other owner's file, it can't load with direct method. That's why we have forced it by adding define('FS_METHOD', 'direct') in the wp-config file. But unfortunately it's also not working, not sure why.

So I have created a define-fs-method.php file inside the wp-content/mu-plugins/ and added the below code:

<?php

function define_fs_method() {
    	if ( !defined('FS_METHOD') ) {
    		define('FS_METHOD', 'direct');
    	}
    }

add_action( 'plugins_loaded', 'define_fs_method' );

Which will force FS_METHOD as direct while plugins are loaded. Now it looks working, please let me know here it is working for you!

Any time if you want to remove the mu-plugin, just delete the define-fs-method.php.

Best Regards, Ari

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.