[Hummingbird] Cannot activate Asset Optimization

Hi! I cannot activate Asset Optimization. When I press the button for it, it starts the check, and when the check is ready, it says like 40 assets to optimize, but when I click the button, it goes back to square one. I try activating it again, same thing. Log in, log out, wait for an hour - same thing. Please help!

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey there Asen Velichkov !
    Hope you are having a great day!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. This is indeed very odd. Could you please try deactivating and deleting the plugin, then activating it back again? We had noticed some very rare similar cases in the past which were solved in the above way.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if this works for you. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Asen Velichkov,

hope you're doing well today!

I inspected your website and I couldn't see any console error while this happening.
    In order to see if there's any related message in the error logs, could you please access your server via (S)FTP, edit wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    @ini_set( 'log_errors', 1 );
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the issue by trying to enable the Asset Optimization once more.
    By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created. Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply. If the size of the text file exceeds the 5MB limit of our blog, please use a service like Dropbox and post the shareable link instead.
    Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/debugging-wordpress-how-to-use-wp_debug/

Thank you,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.