[Hummingbird] Cannot Deactivate or Uninstall Hummingbird

I have contacted live chat support a couple of times for various issues with hummingbird. I was also experiencing several out of memory issues. Currently most of the issues are resolved but I realized that I am unable to deactivate the Hummingbird plugin as WP displays a http 500 error. Also, I have disabled the plugin by renaming the directory and I was unable to delete the plugin via the interface. I'm not sure if something is corrupt or if I just have a config issue on my server. Can you please help me resolve this?

• Nithin

Hi Jonathan Higginbotham,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I could notice the issue, that's an odd behaviour. This seems more like a site specific issue, as it's something which we aren't able to replicate in our side. 500 error are generic server error, so to know more about where exact the conflict is occurring, we'll need to enable debug mode.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
    define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

After making the above changes, please try to replicate the issue again. When the 500 error occurs, the related errors where the conflict is will get saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Jonathan Higginbotham

Here is the requested output while attempting to disable the plugin. The site is running on a Digital Ocean Droplet with 2GB of RAM. I have increased the WP_MEMORY_LIMIT all the way up to 2048M but I still get "out of memory" errors with this one plugin. I don't seem to have an issue with any others.

[29-Nov-2018 02:34:57 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; WP_PerfectAudience has a deprecated constructor in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/perfect-audience-retargeting/wp-perfectaudience.php on line 11
    [29-Nov-2018 02:35:02 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; WP_PerfectAudience has a deprecated constructor in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/perfect-audience-retargeting/wp-perfectaudience.php on line 11
    [29-Nov-2018 02:35:04 UTC] PHP Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/var/www/html/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-layerslider/LayerSlider/layerslider.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4848
    [29-Nov-2018 02:35:04 UTC] PHP Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4851
    [29-Nov-2018 02:35:04 UTC] PHP Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4854
    [29-Nov-2018 02:35:12 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; WP_PerfectAudience has a deprecated constructor in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/perfect-audience-retargeting/wp-perfectaudience.php on line 11
    [29-Nov-2018 02:35:24 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; WP_PerfectAudience has a deprecated constructor in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/perfect-audience-retargeting/wp-perfectaudience.php on line 11
    [29-Nov-2018 02:35:26 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; WP_PerfectAudience has a deprecated constructor in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/perfect-audience-retargeting/wp-perfectaudience.php on line 11
    [29-Nov-2018 02:35:50 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 805830656) (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /var/www/html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-base.php on line 382
    [29-Nov-2018 02:35:51 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 805830656) (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /var/www/html/wp-includes/option.php on line 34
    [29-Nov-2018 02:35:58 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; WP_PerfectAudience has a deprecated constructor in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/perfect-audience-retargeting/wp-perfectaudience.php on line 11
    [29-Nov-2018 02:36:00 UTC] PHP Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/var/www/html/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-layerslider/LayerSlider/layerslider.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4848
    [29-Nov-2018 02:36:00 UTC] PHP Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4851
    [29-Nov-2018 02:36:00 UTC] PHP Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4854
    [29-Nov-2018 02:36:01 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; WP_PerfectAudience has a deprecated constructor in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/perfect-audience-retargeting/wp-perfectaudience.php on line 11
    [29-Nov-2018 02:36:02 UTC] PHP Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/var/www/html/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-layerslider/LayerSlider/layerslider.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4848
    [29-Nov-2018 02:36:02 UTC] PHP Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4851
    [29-Nov-2018 02:36:02 UTC] PHP Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4854

• Kris Tomczyk

Hi Jonathan Higginbotham

To help you more with this case we will need additional data from you. Please send it through our secure contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and make sure that subject is "I have a different question" and:
    - Mark to my attention: ATTN: Krzysztof Tomczyk
    - Site access (url / username / password)
    - FTP credentials (host / username / password)
    - cPanel credentials (URL / username / password)
    - Link back to this thread

Please confirm here in thread that you have sent that message.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.