Hummingbird can't access WPMU DEV

"The performance test didn't return any results. This probably means you're on a local website (which we can't scan) or something went wrong trying to access WPMU DEV. Try again and if this error continues to appear please open a ticket with our support heroes"

Sadly the website is not local. I can't update the dashboard plugin either and the error message suggests a file permissions error which is not the case (everything is open to 755) Any ideas folks?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Thomas,

If you are on the remote server, please make sure cURL is installed and enabled. And also that your sever allows remote HTTP get request.

Please check with your host if you are not sure what are these settings. Also ask if they have blocked any outbound HTTP request.

Please let us know what your host says so we could flag our developers here with more details.

Would you please also navigate to this URL https://premium.wpmudev.org/hub/my-websites/ click on Performance tab and run the test.

Let us know how it goes so we could inform our developers accordingly.

I can't update the dashboard plugin either and the error message suggests a file permissions error which is not the case (everything is open to 755)

From what I see in our system WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin is updated to latest version on your site (site it is related to this thread).

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin

Hi Thomas,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Since I don't see you mention about performing a conflict test, could you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out whether any plugin/theme is causing this to happen.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If that didn't resolve, could you please enable debug mode in WordPress. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

After making the above changes, please try to replicate the issue once more. The errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory. Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.