Hummingbird clash with Visual Composer

Hi Guys,

My apologies to have to send a support ticket as I have already seen there have been a couple of previous issues with Hummingbird and Visual Composer, however I am still slight stuck/confused.

I have had difficulties with 500 server errors when both are activated and suspect but I am unable to work out which is the main problem. Naturally I would love to have the use of both plugins - benefiting from my newly subscribed Hummingbird, alongside my predominantly VC build. Would anyone be able to help me achieve this?

I shall grant support access in anticipation of your reply.

Many thanks,

Christian Miller

• Nazmul H. Rupok

Hi Christian Miller

Hope you are doing well. 500 server errors are usually server side error that happens due to many reasons like insufficient memory, under power server etc. So if you are getting this when two plugin activated, most probably you need to increase your memory to handle them together. You can check your memory from WPMU DEV Dashboard > Support > System Info. You can try connecting to your root WordPress directory via FTP and open the file wp-config.php and add following at the bottom:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If you still see the issue, let us know where you exactly getting the error and provide me with additional login credentials, I can look into it more.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    Please visit our private Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: Nazmul"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

**If you keep support access active then no need to send in wp-admin"

- FTP/SFTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,
    Nazmul

• Nazmul H. Rupok

Hi Christian Miller

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for sending over the required information. I have checked your setup and found that Hummingbird is not installed on your site. Still there are lots of JS errors on the console as you said. Once I turned off caching from WP Super Cache Settings, the errors goes away. So I guess the issue is related to the caching as it's breaking some scripts. You can check yourself and then install and activate Hummingbird as well. If you see issue after installing Hummingbird as well then try to disable minification from Hummingbird > minification.

Let me know how it goes.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Nazmul

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.