[Hummingbird] Cloudflare redirect loop support added to hummingbird

Good day,
Please consider adding support for cloudflare redirect loop issue to hummingbird. While cloudflare does have support for cloudflare, it does not include support for the redirect issue that can arise with cloudlare and Wordpress. Requiring users to install an extra plugin to fix the redirect loop. Adding this small feature will help to make hummingbird a more useful single optimization plugin.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Bryant

I hope you're well today and thank you for suggesting the feature.

However, I would like to ask you for a little bit more help on this. I've been using CloudFlare on WP blog myself, some of my colleagues do to as well as WPMU DEV members but I'm either missing the point here or I've never came across issue that you described, that would require any additional plugin to be solved.

Could you please elaborate on this a bit more (I'd like to try to reconstruct this to learn more about the issue)?

I'd appreciate that a lot! Thank you :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Bryant
    • The Crimson Coder

Good day Adam,

The Cloudlfare redirect loop with Wordpress usually happens with Cloudflare flexable ssl. On certain configurations you can receive an error with Cloudflare ssl that your website is redirecting too many times and is unavailable. This also causes mixed content errors.

Here is a google search about it.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=wordpress+cloudflare+redirect+loop&oq=wordpress+cloudflare+red&aqs

There are a lot of plugins to fix the redirect and mixed content issue, including one by Cloudflare. The Cloudflare plugin also allows you to control your Cloudflare settings like cache expiration time and clear the cache. As we use hummingbird we do not need that level of control. Just a fix for the redirect and mixed content issue. We use this one ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/cloudflare-flexible-ssl/ ) for our projects. It only fixes the redirect and mixed content issue.

If hummingbird included support for the Cloudlfare redirect and mixed content issue, us and other Wordpress users that run into this using would only have to rely on one plugin ( Hummingbird ) to control Cloudflare and these issues.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.