Hummingbird compress .js files blocked by Kaspersky Antivirus

Hi guys,

Our client report us that some of their site visitors got warning from Kasperski Antivirus when they visit their site.

After few investigations, we found the warning comes from the files generated by Hummingbird compression saved in wp-content/uploads/2017/02 (ex.: 05e783d43869d4fc266f9414bfa5d2ab.js).

Before, these files were saved in /wp-content/uploads/wp-hummingbird-cache ...

Question 1
Can we do something to prevent virus warning from Kasperski ? Our client don't know what to answer to is visitor who got these warning...

Question 2
Why the compressed files aren't saved in wp-hummingbird-cache folder anymore ?

Thanks in advance !

JP

• Nithin

Hi 3ejoueur,

Hope you are doing good today.

Hi 3ejoueur,

Hope you are doing good today.

Question 1
    Can we do something to prevent virus warning from Kasperski ? Our client don't know what to answer to is visitor who got these warning...

The files mentioned doesn't cause any harm, and it's a false positive alert, you can ask the visitor to ignore these warning, or whitelist these files, as it won't cause any harm, or any potential issue in their system. However, I have already brought this in attention to the developers regarding Kaspersky softwares behavior.

Question 2
    Why the compressed files aren't saved in wp-hummingbird-cache folder anymore ?

This would be how the files would be minifed with the new, and improved version release of Hummingbirds minification engine, so that it would improve efficiency, I have pinged the developer regarding this to know more about this change, will keep you posted once I get an update.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin